Math, Physics, and Science.
Platforms: Linux, Android, AWS, Unix, Solaris, *BSD, Windows
Tools of The Trade: bash, python, puppet, boto, AWS, Aliyun, Jenkins, git
Data Systems: MySQL, Cassandra, CouchDB, Redis, Hadoop, Hard Drives, Paper and Pen
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Facebook - Production Engineer (June 2015 - Present)
- Worked in central infrastructure team providing application configuration management.
- Drive vision for UX simplicity in API and commandline tooling.
- Lead of first Production Engineer team to work on mobile apps at FB.
- Developing mobile client applications for Messenger family apps.
- Leading implementation of mobile client reliability and resiliency.
Quixey - Engineering Manager, DevPlatform (2014 - June 2015)
DevOps Engineer (May 2013 - 2014)
- Grew a team from 3 to 6 engineers.
- Own my team's vision, direction and execution towards improving the development platform.
- Act as SCRUM facilitator, incrementally improving velocity and execution of team.
Google - Systems Engineer (June 2012 - May 2013)
- Implemented Python SDK for Alibaba's cloud with 1 other engineer.
- Automation, tools, and training for a self-service approach to Operations.
- Automated high-overhead processes: management for Hadoop, Kafka, Zookeeper.
- Became the subject matter expert on AWS with little prior experience.
Meebo - Lead Data Systems Engineer (June 2011 - Acquired June 2012)
- Was the sole Operational Engineer supporting 4B page views and 230M users per month.
- Coordinated decommissioning plans among various departments.
- Managed vendors including negotiation, payment, cancellation, and reimbursement.
Battelle Memorial Institute - Research Associate (Autumn 2005 - August 2007)
- Guided architectural decisions regarding data systems for 600-server infrastructure.
- Launched and maintained cross-datacenter Cassandra, clustered CouchDB, sharded MySQL.
- Designed an implemented ML LSI algorithms for recommendations product.
- 3 datacenter moves with sub-minute downtime.
- Deployed puppet on existing 400 server infrastructure.
Dept. of Physics, OSU - Student Programmer (Summer 2004 - Summer 2006)
- Stress, strain and failure studies of new designs using FEA and CFD in LS-DYNA and CTH.
- Implemented alternative constitutive model for some materials in Fortran in CTH.
- Managed 90 processor high-performance computing cluster.
Unit One Nine - Web and Flash Developer (Spring 2004 - Autumn 2006)
- Developed web interface for molecular dynamics software using PHP.
- Created an online scientific collaboration environment using PHP and MySQL.
References available upon request.
- Developed corporate and client websites and Flash ads for AOL AIM using ASP, PHP, Windows and Linux.