Math, Physics, and Science.
Platforms: Linux, Android, AWS, Unix, Solaris, *BSD, Windows
Tools of The Trade: bash, python, puppet, boto, AWS, Aliyun, Jenkins, git
Data Systems: MySQL, Cassandra, CouchDB, Redis, Hadoop, Hard Drives, Paper and Pen
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Facebook - Production Engineer (June 2015 - Present)
- Worked in central infrastructure team providing application configuration management.
- Driving vision for UX simplicity in API and tooling.
- Mobile client application development for Messenger family apps.
- Driving vision for mobile client reliability and scalability.
Quixey - Engineering Manager, DevPlatform (May 2013 - June 2015)
Google - Systems Engineer (June 2012 - May 2013)
- Manager: Grew a team from 3 to 6 engineers
- Manager: Own my team's vision, direction and execution towards improving the development platform
- Manager: Act as SCRUM facilitator, incrementally improving velocity and execution of team
- Individual Contributor: Automation, tools, and training for a self-service approach to Operations
- Individual Contributor: Automated high-overhead processes: management for Hadoop, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Individual Contributor: Became the subject matter expert on AWS with little prior experience.
Meebo - Lead Data Systems Engineer (June 2011 - Acquired June 2012)
- Sole Operational Engineer supporting up to 4B page views and 230M users per month
- Coordinate decommissioning plans among various departments
- Vendor management including negotiation, payment, cancellation, and reimbursement
Server Operations Engineer (August 2007 - June 2011)
- Guided architectural decisions regarding data systems for 600-server infrastructure
- Launched and maintained cross-datacenter Cassandra, clustered CouchDB, sharded MySQL
- Implemented Machine Learning algorithms on user data
Battelle Memorial Institute - Research Associate (Autumn 2005 - August 2007)
- 3 datacenter moves with sub-minute downtime
- Deployed puppet on existing 400 server infrastructure
Dept. of Physics, OSU - Student Programmer (Summer 2004 - Summer 2006)
- Stress, strain and failure studies of new designs using FEM/A
- Managed 90 processor high-performance computing cluster
Unit One Nine - Web and Flash Developer (Spring 2004 - Autumn 2006)
- Developed web interface for molecular dynamics software using PHP
- Created an online scientific collaboration environment using PHP and MySQL
References available upon request.
- Developed corporate and client websites and Flash ads for AOL AIM using ASP, PHP, Windows and Linux